Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Words of wisdom from author Rainbow Rowell


As awards seasons ramp up, I start to look forward to hearing what honored authors will say in their awards-acceptance speeches.  I love the chance to get to know the authors I read voraciously just a little bit better.  On that note, I was reading a speech given by Rainbow Rowell, author of 2 of my favorite books Eleanor & Park and Fangirl, she won the Bost Globe-Horn Book Fiction Award and said this about writing in her October 4th acceptance speech:

"I think sometimes we think of bravery as being the opposite of fear.  But, really, you have to be afraid of something before bravery enters the picture.  If you're not afraid of demons, it doesn't take much bravery to face them."

Here's a link to the whole speech if you're interested.

Just had to share.  Welcome back from holiday break :)