Friday, October 29, 2010

My Life is Average...is yours?

O.K., most people aren't out saving the world (unless you're a librarian, of course), and instead lead lives that are pretty average on the surface. Because not everyone has exciting stuff to blog about every day, there's a handy Web site called MyLifeisAverage. Each day, users are invited to share little moments from their lives - the more mundane, the better!

Here's a quick recap of some events from today:

"Today, I had a string contest with my cat. He winked at me. I winked back. This continued for about three minutes. I think my cat is trying to tell me something."

"Today my neighbor called me kilometer. My name is Miles."

"Today in English, we were reading the play Antigone. Our teacher asked for volunteers to read each part. One of the volunteers started reading in a British accent to 'get into character.' It's a Greek play."

Yes, these are so much fun to read! What's more, this Web site can be used in writing classes to show how much mundane events and comments can add to a work's entertainment value.
55 Fiction Contest writers should take note of how the shortest stories can sometimes be the most compelling...