Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Teen Library Council Review: Find My Friends App


This review is part of a new occasional series where members of the Teen Library Council (TLC) write reviews of Apps they currently love to use.  This review is by Vineta G., she is a first-year member of the TLC.
 

App Name: Find My Friends

Cost: Free

Devices: iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (has to run on iOS 5 or later)

I have used this app to find out where my brother is when I am waiting for him, or when I have lost him (for example, in the mall) or when I am just curious to know where he is if he isn't at home. 

The way it works is first, you add a friend in the App (it's sent as a request to their email) and they can see the request in the App. Then once they have accepted your request, you can just open the App and it will show where all your friends are located.  (The ones who have accepted your request).

The coolest thing about the App is that now I don't have to text my brother to find out where he is I can just check the App.  The most annoying thing is that I would like the App to show were my friends are faster. It takes about 10 seconds to show where friends are located.

As you probably thought, though, sometimes feelings can get hurt if you find out that a friend is somewhere other than where they told you. I would recommend it for families. It's also convenient for a married couple because it could strengthen their trust.The App is good for people who have strong relationships with each other.  It's really convenient, awesome, and helpful. And your device can send you a notification to when one your friends have arrived at or left a particular location.

-Vineta G.